Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tuna cutlets

I went to the grocery store to buy mayonnaise for my devilled eggs.  I brought home the bottle and opened it.  When I turned the bottle around, there I found an interesting recipe using mayonnaise. I couldn't wait to try it... I switched from Devilled eggs to Tuna cakes.  It turned out to be perfect.  I added few other ingredients  such as onions, greenchillies and customized according to my taste. It makes a perfect appetizer.  When serving the kids, control the heat by reducing or totally removing the greenchillies and hot sauce.

Ingredients:

Tuna – 1 can drained
Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
Egg – 1 beaten
Green onions – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Black pepper – ¼ tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Hot Sauce –  ½ tsp
Bread crumbs – ½ cup
Onion – ½ finely chopped
Green chillies – 2 finely chopped
Salt –
Oil for shallow frying

Method:

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.  Form tuna mixture into 2 ½ “ diameter cake.  Dredge the tuna cakes in breadcrumbs.  Preheat skillet over med –high heat.  Add oil to skillet to coat completely.  Fry tuna cakes until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.  Then on to a platter. 
Tip :  If the mixture is too moist add more bread crumbs to hold it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment