These great Healthy snacking ideas were given to me by a Public health Nurse, when I was pregnant with my daughter, to have between the meals. These ideas are not just for pregnant women but also for all those who trying to loose weight or trying to maintain a healthy weight . People who are on the weight loss programs normally eat small but frequent meals, these ideas can be really helpful, if portion size is controlled and spaced equally through the day. These ideas can also be used for the Kids from toddler age, up until adulthood. Teenagers need a bit more quantity than mentioned, as their appetite and activity levels are higher.
(Pics from the web source)
Healthy Snacking ideas:
1.Celery stuffed with low-fat cottage cheese and chopped olives
3. Peanut butter spread on Banana halves
4. Glass of chilled low- fat milk
5. Wholewheat toast spread with applesauce and a spinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg
6. Marinated cauliflowerettes
7. Handful of whole grain cereal
8. Sesame breadsticks
10. Toasted sunflower seeds
12. Vegetable cocktail with celery stick (V8)
13. Frozen banana rolled in chopped nuts
14. Toasted cornbread
15. Baked apple filled with chopped pineapple and nuts
16. Broiled eggplant slice topped with tomato sauce and a little grated cheese.
17. Glass of ice cold buttermilk
20. Plain low-fat yogurt with peach slices and sprinkled with instant coffee.
21. One slice of whole wheat bagel.
22. Handful of unsalted peanuts
23. Plain popcorn with garlic chilli curry powder, parmesan cheese or other seasonings
24. Pine apple, grapefruit juice cocktail
25. 1 cup chowmein noodles
26. Carrot juice
27. Shredded wheat with low fat milk
28. Banana topped with low fat yogurt and cinnamon
29. Wedge of honey dew melon with a squeeze of lime
31. Egg salad ( made with low fat dressing) on a slice of dark rye bread.
33.Tahini ( ground sesame seed paste) on melba toast or pita bread
34. Fresh veggies with low calorie dip
35. Tomato slice with tuna salad ( made with low- fat dressing)
36. Tomato juice with dash of hot sauce.
38. Steamed broccolli pieces sprinkled with lemon juice
41. Tossed salad with low- fat dressing.
42. Open faced tomato and lettuce sandwich.
43. Baked potato with parmesan cheese
44. Dill pickle
45. Papaya juice
46. Cherry tomatoes dipped in herbed low fat yogurt
47. Ambrosia( orange slices and coconut)
48. Raw vegetables with hummus( chick pea and tahini dip)
49. Cup of Vegetable soup
50. Fruitcicles ( frozen fruit juice)
52. Open faced radish sandwich
53. Coleslaw made with low fat dressing
54. Cucumber and onion slices with vinegar
56. Homemade muffin
57. Health shake: apple juice, low-fat yogurt, strawberries and wheat germ whirled in a blender.
58. Rice cake
60. Choc on the rocks ( chocolate milk poured over ice)
Healthy low calorie beverages: 1. Herbal tea
2. Mineral water with a twist of lime
3. Club soda with a slice of orange
4. Cup of beef stock or chicken stock
5. Hot water with lemon juice
6. Diet soft drinks.