Saturday, July 19, 2014

BLT Salad

BLT reminds us of sandwich with Bacon lettuce and Tomato.    I enjoyed this delicious salad at a kids camp, where I was volunteering.  The ladies in the kitchen prepared it for about 200 people.  There were several trays, full of  this colorful salad.   As the lunch time was approaching, I couldn't wait to try to this salad.  The lunch also came with black forest ham sandwich and juice.  The lunch was so delicious!  I thought my family would enjoy it just as much as I did....  I knew the basic ingredients used in this salad i.e Bacon , lettuce and salad.   I put it together and prepared it for weekend lunch.   They loved it all and it was quickly vanished from the bowl!

Ingredients:
Bacon - few strips cut in pieces
Tomato -  1 diced
Lettuce -  romaine lettuce washed and cut into pieces
Marble cheese - shredded 1/4 cup
Cucumber- 1 diced
Frozen Green peas/ sugar snap - 1/4 cup  microwaved  for few mins.  Sugar snap can be used fresh. 
Dressing:
Sour cream - 1 tbsp
Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp
parmesan cheese - 1 tsp
Salt , pepper
vinegar - 1 tsp
sugar - 1/4 tsp

Method:
 Combine BLT and other ingredients in a bowl.
Mix the dressing in a separate bowl and toss it all together to coat the salad.


For Bacon:  Place bacon in a  skillet. Cook over medium high heat, turning frequently, until evenly browned. Drain the excess fat, crumble and set aside.




No comments:

Post a Comment