Thursday, February 24, 2011
Sooji/Rawa/ cream of wheat - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 3 chopped
Onion - 1 chopped
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Water - 2 cups ( the ratio is 1: 2)
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2 chopped
Ginger - 1"(chopped or grated)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Cashew nuts - 8
Salt to taste
• Roast rawa in a dry skillet on low flame until it starts to give nice aroma. keep it in a seperate bowl.
• Heat ghee and add, mustard, urad dal and cashew nuts and curry leaves .
• Add chopped green chilli, ginger, onions and fry until onions turn light brown.
Add tomotoes and cook until it is nice and soft. Mash it with the back of the spoon
• Now add salt, add pre-measured water and let it boil
Add roasted sooji, mix it well, making sure it doesn't make lumps.
• Cover and simmer it for another 5-10 mins.
• Serve hot with pickle / chutney.