This is the quick and easy to make breakfast item. Whenever we have some unexpected guests at home this is the first thing to come to mind to serve the guests. Less work, great taste and healthy too.
Sooji/Rawa/ cream of wheat - 1 cup
Onion - 1 chopped
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Water - 2 cups ( the ratio is 1: 2)
Green chilies - 2 chopped
Ginger - 1"(chopped or grated)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Salt to taste
• Roast rawa in a dry skillet on low flame until it starts to give nice aroma. keep it in a seperate bowl.
• Heat ghee and add, mustard, urad dal and cashew nuts and curry leaves .
• Add chopped green chilli, ginger, onions and fry until onions turn light brown.
• Now add salt, add pre-measured water and let it boil
Add roasted sooji, mix it well, making sure it doesn't form into lumps.
• Cover and simmer it for another 5-10 mins.
• Serve hot with pickle.