Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mango salad

Whenever I think of Mangoes, It reminds me of my Hyderabad days.   During Summer, we used to enjoy the best fruit of the season, Banginapally, Thotapuri, Rasalu, what not! I would call mangoes, the KING of all fruits.  I miss the great taste of A.P. mangoes. I visited India again, but not during the Mango season. We get Mexican mangoes, Atulfo etc varieties but, cannot match the taste of Hyderabad Mangoes.
Here is the Mango salad recipe, You can either cut them in strips or cut them in cubes, taste is just going to be delicious.Add sugar if the mango is not as sweet.


Ingredients:
Mangoes-  1 Cut in cubes or strips
Red chillies -1 Chopped finely
Coriander - 1 tsp finely chopped
Jeera/ cumin powder
sugar  1/2 tsp (optional)


Method:
Take the cut mangoes in a bowl and add red chillies, coriander and sugar and toss it . sprinkle the cumin powder on top  and refrigerate for 30 mins before serving, so all the flavours combine together.

No comments:

Post a Comment